Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bring my laptop to europe, buy a new one or neither?

bring my laptop to europe, buy a new one or neither?
I have a laptop but it's quite heavy ; to lift with one hand is almost too much. I just returned from europe a month ago and my suitcase was crazy heavy so this time I was to pack light (I'll be gone for 6 months). I found a mini laptop online that weighs about 3 lbs but costs 360$. I am trying to save every penny I have right now so don't know if I should spend the $$. If you were in this situation would you... a) bring your current laptop and carry the extra weight in your suitcase b) buy the mini laptop and leave the heavy one at home, taking 400$ from your trip budget c) take neither, and just rely on internet cafes for 6 months while your laptop sits in a box to the guy who said to use my phone ; that's not an option haha. calling canada from italy costs a lot on a cell! and I won't have a land line. the net is how I keep in touch with my family and where I will be looking for a job, an apt. etc as I move around. so no I can't live without the net.
Packing & Preparation - 12 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Neither, just use your phone.
Answer 2 :
a
Answer 3 :
bring your heavy laptop to europe
Answer 4 :
a,b and c
Answer 5 :
dont bother with either. if you really need ur laptop bring ur old one, but done just buy a new one, its a waste of money and u already have one.
Answer 6 :
c) you can live without interent -- or try to :)
Answer 7 :
I think a. I mean when u get back what r u gonna do with two laptops. and a little more weight shouldnt be a prob.
Answer 8 :
buy a new 1 u can get em for 400 now adayz i just picked up a real good 1 from bestbuy for 650 with tax
Answer 9 :
i would have to say i would take my current laptop because when you get back from your trip you are gonna have two laptops and one is not going to be used. so why use the money
Answer 10 :
well i wold take the heavy one.. cause.. you arnt spending the extra money... and you have something to use if there is no other computers availale.. also.. it isnt gooing to kill you to carry the extra wait... that is just my opinion tho... Have a nice trip :)
Answer 11 :
bring your old one, that way if it gets damaged or lost you wont be out of pocket as much if you bought a new one. or just use the internet cafe's they are plentiful over seas so they are everywhere
Answer 12 :
i say that you deal with the with the weight and take your laptop, because if you are really relying on this thing as much as you say it would benice to have your own space always available, instead of spending the 360 mabie spend 20-40 bucks on some rolling luggage, or a smller rooling suitcase and tat should help w/ the uncomfort of the weight! have safe trip!! :]


Read more discussions: