Saturday, August 7, 2010

Will my laptop from USA be able to connect to a wireless lan in europe?

will my laptop from USA be able to connect to a wireless lan in europe?
specifically in Greece. Do I need to do anything or get anything or can I just connect? Thanks.
Internet - 5 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Yes you can! ~ Especially if the Network Admin gives you permission to log in to thier network... ~ Oooooppps did I answer your question right? ~ If you bring your notebook to a different country you need to check if they have 110v or 220v 1st ~ Then you can get to thier available Wi-Fi ~ Free or Not . . . (",) http://360.yahoo.com/darwin916
Answer 2 :
The electric systems in some countries carry different voltages than in the USA, and so we need some kind of converters. Best to check on that before you try to plug it in and burn it out.
Answer 3 :
Will you be able to plug your power adapter in over there? I was under the impression that power outlets were different there...
Answer 4 :
just bring yourself a power adapter they use 220-240 there (2 prongs) you will have no problems do it all the time matter of fact leaving in the morning for Italy and will use my notebook i have used both my T Mobile account and cards
Answer 5 :
There is no reason to say no. I have an American laptop and it works perfectly also here in Italy. I had only to change the cord because the plug is different.


Read more discussions: