Saturday, August 28, 2010

Running a laptop in Europe?

Running a laptop in Europe?
I want to be a macbook pro here in the USA, but im moving to europe in a few months. I would rather spend 2,000 Dolalrs here than pay 2,000 Euro's in europe for the same laptop. How can I run it regularly in europe with the american outlet plug? do macs come with some sort of different adapter I can just switch out when im living in europe? buying a seperate converter is not reasonable, those are made for vacation and temporary use and I heard they draw alot of power - so Im not willing to risk my laptop, I need to use it for hundreds of hours in the next few years.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Check their power rating. Most portables have a rating of 90v to 240v. In which case you only need the plug adaptor, or just buy a matching cable only in the country you are in.
Answer 2 :
You mean a converter like this? http://www.amazon.com/UNIVERSAL-ADAPTER-CONVERTS-AMERICAN-PROTECTION/dp/B000WG2E1A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1221782956&sr=8-2

Read more discussions: