Sunday, August 1, 2010

How can I watch in my laptop a DVD written in Region 1 (USA), when I am in Region 2 (Europe)?

How can I watch in my laptop a DVD written in Region 1 (USA), when I am in Region 2 (Europe)?
I have received educational DVDs, which I need for my thesis, from the USA and the UK and I cannot play them in my laptop. I am told that my DVD player is not Region 1 compatible. Can I do anything? Maybe add some kind of software, or I don't know what ...
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Ya, with a certain type of software you can. http://www.dvdexploder.com/compdvd.htm
Answer 2 :
Many better laptops will allow you to change the region setting, although generally only a few times. Your best bet is probably to get a player that plays all regions, or invest in a cheap US market (Region 1) DVD player. You should be able to purchase a new DVD player for this purpose for less than USD$50.

Read more discussions: