Saturday, August 14, 2010

Power conversion for a laptop from US to Europe.?

Power conversion for a laptop from US to Europe.?
I'm taking my laptop and also a battery charger over to Europe with me. I've never been and am completely lost when it comes to the power conversion situation. can someone reccomend a few good products that will allow me to use these things abroad as well as protect them from damage?
Packing & Preparation - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
my mom got some from sharper image they have a whole kit that has adapters for most countries you should try there
Answer 2 :
Check your laptop's own power supply. Every laptop I have ever had has had a power supply that supports 110V to 240V input so all you need is an adapter for the power outlet. Other appliances may only be 110V.
Answer 3 :
Its real easy. Just buy a normal U.S. to UK (3 pin) plug and it will work. I travel often between the two countries and this has worked fine for me. You can buy the travel plug you need in the airport shops. You coudl also buy one in many shops in the U.S.
Answer 4 :
All the answers are good. Your laptop battery charger probably handles the voltage conversion. You just need the adaptor plugs and you can get them from most stores that sell electronics. I carry mind all over the world and haven't had a problem. Happy travels... even if you don't travel the world... just remember that life is a journey... embrace and enjoy it! http://www.mousetourstravels.com

Read more discussions: