Friday, September 7, 2012

I'm going to Europe this summer. How to get internet for my laptop?

I'm going to Europe this summer. How to get internet for my laptop?
I'm going to Belgium for an internship, and I'll be staying in a simple cottage with NO internet. My boyfriend and I will need wireless internet for our laptops. We'll be in a tiny town, so going to internet cafes is out of the question. What companies offer good rates for this? I will need it for 4 weeks in Belgium, then 2 more weeks traveling across western Europe. I have no idea where to even begin to look! Please help me.. I leave the US on May 8th! Just to clarify, I will have no access to wifi. I'll need one of those little portable hotspot devices, I believe you plug it in thru USB. Just need to know where to look, what service providers are out there, cost-effective options for a 4-6 week trip..
Packing & Preparation - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
If you have a wireless lap top, like on a battery, you should have internet connection. I've never used a lap top though, so I wouldn't know.
Answer 2 :
Here's a service that can locate wifi hotspots in any number of countries. The Belgium page has hundreds of towns: http://www.trustive.com/hotspots/
Answer 3 :
Most of the phone companies offer internet USB keys, for example: http://customer.proximus.be/en/Surf_Laptop/index.html or http://business.mobistar.be/go/en/soho/telephony/devices.cfm?value_propositions_ID=1 operate in Belgium. I have one in Italy where I live (mine is Vodafone) and use it frequently.


Read more discussions: