Sunday, October 28, 2012

Need help with plug adapters for my HP laptop??

GOING TO EUROPE!?!?! Need help with plug adapters for my HP laptop??
I will be visiting Switzerland, France, Spain and Italy on my trip, what type of power converter/adapter do I need to power my laptop, Ipod and to charge my digital camera??? All are typical US Plugs. THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Packing & Preparation - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Go to your local best buy or radio shack or even future shop. Tell them you need a European adapter and they will know EXACTLY what you need!
Answer 2 :
wal mart has a world power inverter. itl cover all of europe... enjoy... i went to italy and it was a blast... but wal mart has you covered
Answer 3 :
Switzerland has different shaped plugs from France/Spain/Italy (still two round pins, but the socket is a squashed hexagon instead of round). You can get all-in-one adapters which would be the best option. http://www.amazon.com/SunPak-TRAVEL-ADAPT-Universal-World-wide-Adapter/dp/B000JC5T82/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1215029701&sr=8-2 Check that the chargers for your laptop/phone/camera can handle 240V...if not you will fry your electronics unless you also bring a stepdown-voltage-converter with you....and even then I'd be dubious. Look on the charger for words like "Input 100-240V"...that would be OK.


Read more discussions: