Thursday, November 1, 2012

How do you make calls from Europe to California?

How do you make calls from Europe to California?
I am not taking my cell phone or my laptop, I have no idea how to call from Europe to US. So please tell me. I need answer asap.! thank you
Other - Europe - 4 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Skype. Or just go to a phone and dial the number.
Answer 2 :
dial 001, then the area code, and number. If you are using a calling card, follow the instructions on the card or the automated instructions. But, I believe even when using a calling card, you need to dial 001 before the actual number.
Answer 3 :
apparently you can buy a phone there and buy the plan (which is like a debit card) there although i'm sure its still expensive. you could skype while at cafes that have free internet acess but the time difference from Europe to CA will be hard to do. best thing to do is talk to your cell phone provider and try to take it with you or call from hotels/hostels and hope they don't charge you a grand fee. this is from what i've heard though
Answer 4 :
First enter the US dial code (i think it is +1), then california, the city and then the number...

Read more discussions: