Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Can I use my laptop in europe?

Can I use my laptop in europe?
If I send my son a laptop from here to Germany, will it function properly?
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
He will definitely need adapters for power. They use 220/50 vac and european standard power receptacles. Not sure about wifi standards over there. Good Luck
Answer 2 :
Hello: The laptop would function normally but it won't be able to run on the charger or recharge since their outlets are different. They also have different voltages. I would suggest you use a device like this: http://www.topmic.com/141-0703.html It works anywhere in the world. Its both an adapter and a converter. Best of luck.
Answer 3 :
Well he will need a power adapter. (no problem getting this in germany). But you should consider that dvds,games, even windows will not work on this computer if your son buys them somewhere in Europe (at least if you are not from "europe" as i assume).

Read more discussions: