Thursday, October 7, 2010

Using my laptop in Europe?

Using my laptop in Europe?
I have a Dell Inspiron and I have an ATT wireless card. I'm wondering if it's worth the bother of hauling the thing with me to France. The friend I am staying with does not have a computer. I would really just be using my laptop for looking up sights we might want to see and specific information -- also checking my yahoo mail. Will my air card work there? will there be extra charges for the airtime? I have the international feature on my account because I use my phone in europe. Would I be better off just stopping at an internet cafe when I need information?
Other - Internet - 1 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Take it from me.. I travel a lot. Dragging the extra weight around is not fun. Problem 1: You will have to get a power adapter plug and make sure your charger supports 220volts. Problem 2: I dont think your ATT wireless DATA card will work there and if it does expect to be paying heavily for small mb's of data transfer. You phone for voice calls most likely will work if its GSM triband. Problem 3: Airport security are giving hassels with laptops recently. You risk having it taken away for data checking. If they think you might have something illegal on it. They are doing this more frequently now. So leave it at home.. its better.. Do your research before you leave.. and take a few print outs.. that much easier.

Read more discussions: