Monday, June 28, 2010

Can I snip off the ground on my laptop power cord? I'm in Europe. Please read.?

Can I snip off the ground on my laptop power cord? I'm in Europe. Please read.?
I am in Europe and my power converter doesn't have a hole for the ground on the power cord for my laptop. I really need to use my laptop for work reasons and am considering snipping off the ground on the plug so I can plug it in to the converter. Will this be ok? Would it be dangerous? Any thoughts or suggestions on this is much appreciated. Thanks.
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
it might be okay if you can get it all off well lol just buy a new power cord!
Answer 2 :
No, you should not cut the ground pin off your power cable. There are several converting cables available, such as the one listed in the source page below.
Answer 3 :
Yes, you can. No, you don't want to. Serious risks of damage running ungrounded while connected to AC power. Find and buy a converter that accepts a grounded plug. Shouldn't be too hard to find at an airport or train station.


Read more discussions: