Friday, April 1, 2011

Can this item on this eBay link be used to power my laptop in Europe?

Can this item on this eBay link be used to power my laptop in Europe?
I have tried contacting the seller but he is not sure. I am going to Italy and need a converter for my laptop. Can I use this item to do what I am looking to do? Thanks http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350061263831&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
it should work, yes if it goes from the voltage in Europe to the voltage in the us(if that's were you are) then yes it should work hope this helps!
Answer 2 :
most likely you don't need that Converter Transformer. the vast majority of the laptop power supplies (chargers) are made for an input voltage of 100 - 240V AC, 50/60Hz. (even my 8 year old charger already has this capability). check the sticker on your charger and if it indicate these numbers, all you need is a simple plug converter like this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Travel-Changer-Adapter-Plug-US-USA-to-European-Euro_W0QQitemZ270238980290QQihZ017QQcategoryZ88759QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem those plug converters are available in every electronics store.


Read more discussions: