Monday, March 14, 2011

Laptop used in Europe now experiencing problem.?

Laptop used in Europe now experiencing problem.?
I just got off the phone with one of my friends who was on a trip to Europe. He had the power adapter and when he plugged the laptop in he experienced a spark. Now, whenever he tries to boot his computer he experiences a blue screen very briefly then the computer restarts.The boot process gets to the point where there is the windows logo with the loading bar beneath, then the BSOD appears for just milliseconds. What would be some probable causes of the problem? How could I go about fixing those problems? "The boot process gets to the point where there is the windows logo with the loading bar beneath, then the BSOD appears for just milliseconds." If the boot process gets that far, wouldn't the motherboard have to be working?? I kinda guessed that if I just re-installed my operating system, or did a OS repair I should be good.
Laptops & Notebooks - 1 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
in Europe the default output voltage for home use is 220 or 230V, if the power adaptor didn't support this voltage or it had no switch for selecting input voltage 110/230 then I'm afraid it fried the laptop's motherboard. Later edit: Did your friend tried to start the laptop just on batteries (without being plugged), hopefully only the power adaptor is fried and that may cause the problem. Just a guess.


Read more discussions: