Sunday, November 7, 2010

Laptop working in Europe?

Laptop working in Europe?
I am headed to London & Edinburgh and would like to bring my laptop. Not to play games...but to charge my ipod, move pics from camera to laptop and keep in touch with family home in US. I think I am right - US is 110 and Euro is 220. How do I know if my laptop will work in Europe? What do I need to purchase?
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
a 3 pin uk plug attached to a power adapter for your model 220 volt down to 19 volt
Answer 2 :
Hello there !!! The first thing you should look-at is your laptop's adapter, you'll find some numbers on the bottom look for something like "100-240 v" or "50/60Hz". Any of the above will mean that it work in Europe & USA. Then you'll need an adapter that changes the US plug to the three UK plug, which you'll find in any electronic shops over their. Good luck, and wish you a nice trip.

Read more discussions: