Sunday, February 1, 2009

What is the best Internet (wireless) provider for travels in Europe with a laptop?

What is the best Internet (wireless) provider for travels in Europe with a laptop?
I am going to Europe for two months and need to take my laptop (Dell). I need to make sure that I have good Internet connection. I have a cell phone with T-Mobile and at home Qwest DSL. What can I do with my laptop?
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
As long as the laptop has a wireless card either internal or external, it should pick up on any hot spot where ever you go. The Internet Service Provider has nothing to do with it, exept for when you have a network setup at home with your wireless router that is connect the your modem, which would be in some way connect to the Internet you pay for.
2 :
Vodafone, very popular and many countries... now depends where do u travel
3 :
I live in Germany and use GMX. It gives me DSL 16,000 wireless. The connections are great and it is amazingly fast! As soon as you click a link the next page is open. Downloads are nothing. As for your cell phone, be careful! I know soo many people that have come to Europe and their phone works, but wait till you see the bill. I mean thousands of dollars! Leave the phone at home and get one here with a calling plan to the States, you can find them anywhere. But my advice is mainly for Germany, it depends where you are at. Have a great time!

Read more discussions: