Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dual Voltage Laptop from US taking to Europe-Questions?

Dual Voltage Laptop from US taking to Europe-Questions?
Okay. So my laptop (Asus eee pc) is dual voltage. I have the US to European converter plug. My question is do I need a surge protector to put between the two of them? So it would be: Laptop Cord>Surge Protector>Conversion Plug>Wall or do I skip the surge protector and just do Laptop Cord>Conversion Plug>Wall Is the surge protector needed? Then, I also have a dual voltage cannon camera battery charger. Will that be fine plugging into the converter plug then into the wall? Thank you!! Any advice is extremely appreciated-I leave Saturday!
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
for the most part, a surge protector on a laptop 'power brick' is a little useless as the adapter and the battery essentially protect the laptop from surges... if htese are dula power, you shouldn't need the converter plug or if you do be sure what you're using...
Answer 2 :
Laptop Cord>Conversion Plug> !! surge protector !! > Wall Needs to go in that order or else its pointless, the surge protector wouldn't actually be preventing a surge otherwise. And same goes for the camera: Camera >Conversion Plug> !! surge protector !! > Wall


Read more discussions: