Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Suitcase/backpack for Europe travel, with laptop?

Suitcase/backpack for Europe travel, with laptop?
I know there are a million threads regarding taking a suitcase or backpack, but my question has a bit of a twist. I will be spending 5 weeks in Europe, 3 in London doing a summer course for which it's crucial that I have my laptop with me. From there I want to travel around Europe for bit (2 weeks approx). I haven't decided where yet, but in the realm of possibilities is Turkey, Greece, Italy, Spain, and France. Obviously, I'd only be picking 1 of these countries to go to. I plan on packing very light as the first 3 weeks I'll be close to laundry facilities. Right now I am leaning to a suitcase and a day pack as I will have my laptop as I'm just not sure that I feel comfortable with my laptop stuffed into a backpack. However, my brain keeps telling me, use a backpack, it'll be so much easier! Has anybody ever done a backpack and brought a laptop? Are their any backpacks that you would recommend? Or should I stick with a smaller suitcase?
Packing & Preparation - 1 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Stick with a smaller suiycase with wheels. With a laptop it might get broke if your pack falls off or someone bumps into it.

Read more discussions: