Sunday, February 7, 2010

My laptop is only reading DVDs from Europe, how can I make it read american DVD?

My laptop is only reading DVDs from Europe, how can I make it read american DVD?
Explanation: I have a US laptop but I went to France for several months. I saw french DVDs and now, it's impossible to read american DVDs. I have a DVD writer plugged in to my laptop so I play american DVDs on it. The problem is that I want to sell my laptop now (in USA) and people will want the ability to see american DVDs without the DVD writer, so what can I do?
Laptops & Notebooks - 4 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
mail me
Answer 2 :
See if your DVD playback software has a setting to change it to Region 1.
Answer 3 :
France and western Europe has a region 2 setting USA and Canada has a region 1 setting so change you setting on you d v d player to region 1
Answer 4 :
DVD has REGION code imbedded US and Canada is REGION 1 Your laptop DVD player was built to read all region code However - due to "Holywood"'s rule, movies are released one by one in each region (pls do not ask me why) So the maker of DVD player need to follow this rule and allow you to read only maximum 3 times DVDs for a foreign country, after that you have to decide, which country are you really from. So now yr computer DVD player assumed that you are a "French" person and refused to play American DVDs What you should do: call your PC help desk and ask how to revert your DVD player back to the olde USA region

Read more discussions: