Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Should I bring my laptop to Europe?

Should I bring my laptop to Europe?
My wife and I are travelling through Paris/Belgium/Netherlands for the holidays. We'll be using public trains and busses to get around. The laptop would be nice to have for uploading photos each day and gathering useful local information. However, the downside is it's one more thing to lug around as we move through Europe. Thanks, I'm from the US. I have outlet adapters and, thankfully, I won't need a voltage converter.
Other - Europe - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Where are you from? If your not from Europe one point to consider is that the voltage system is different as well as they use the 2 pin plugs and sockets! You would probably have to bring a converter and travel adapter although your laptop ac adaptor should automatically convert the wattage but make sure it can first. Also to consider that sometimes the trains and buses can be quite full and having all the extra baggage makes it uncomfortable for everyone including yourself! I agree with you on the usefulness of having the laptop though. In the end you have to weigh the pros and the cons of having it with you. My advice - take it with you cuz there are many amazing things to see and take pictures of and lots of memorise to capture!!
Answer 2 :
Travelling light is a better way to go I think. You can always go to internet cafes and there is always more to carry than just the laptop (converters, etc.).
Answer 3 :
Yes, why not ?

Read more discussions: