Monday, June 1, 2009

Has anyone used their US laptop in Europe?

Has anyone used their US laptop in Europe?
I’m going to Belgium this fall and would like to take my laptop. Most websites say I’ll need a voltage converter for my laptop but a few say I don’t. The voltage converters I’ve seen on line say they’re not to be used for TVs or computers. Also the airlines say I’ll need an adapter to use a laptop on the plane but they don’t say much else. Any clues?
Packing & Preparation - 1 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Look at the power supply for your laptop, there should be a label on it. If it says something loke 100-230V 50/60HZ your laptop will run anywhere in the world without a voltage converter or transformer. However you will need a plug adapter, go to www.kropla.com and you can find the voltages and plug types for anywhere in the world. Check out www.seatguru.com to find out which aircraft adapter you may need for your laptop. Some aircraft are now using 110v power. If you are flying economy class, it will be a rare aircraft that has power plugs. Magellan travel has a nice little adapter that covers several plug types and has a built in surge protector and usb charging plug. Roam around on the kropla site and you'll find out lots of good stuff. I have used my laptops in 9 countries in Europe so far.

Read more discussions: