Sunday, June 28, 2009

Is it safe to use a laptop I bought in Europe (using one of those power converters)?

Is it safe to use a laptop I bought in Europe (using one of those power converters)?
I have a laptop that I bought in the United States. I know that the electricity in America and Europe is different. That being said, would it be safe to use this laptop in Europe if I used a power converter? Or would there be complications? Thanks Kamil, you're polish aren't you? I'm also polish. I've seen that first name a lot with Polacks.
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Take a look at your power supply. Almost all laptop power supplies are good for any voltage between 100 - 240 VAC. If that's the case, all you need is the appropriate plug adapter at the end of the cord to use it anywhere.
Answer 2 :
Check the fine print on the converter. If it says 90-250V 50-60Hz, it's fine. If it says 110V 60Hz, then it will blow up (maybe).
Answer 3 :
You don't even need a power inverter just a plug adapter. The laptop adapter itself is a power inverter. I travel to europe all the time and jsut usa a small laptop plug.


Read more discussions: